Stage 1 Baby Training Spoons by Little Weasel help baby along on the self-feeding journey. These spoons are made for tiny fingers and grip easily to purees and mashes, allowing babies to feed themselves, enjoy mealtime, hone fine motor skills — and grow in confidence along the way. Ideal for Baby Led Weaning (BLW) or for any Baby Starting Solids.
- Easier for baby than a traditional spoon. The open spoon design clings to purees, soft foods such as yogurt, and mashes. Simply dip and hand over to baby. Babies can self-feed with greater success because food does not fall off the spoon on the way to the mouth.
- Flat design means there is no “right” and “wrong” way round. Babies eat more easily and grow less frustrated than when attempting to use a traditional curved spoon
- Chunky, textured grip is made for little hands to hold and manipulate, even before babies have perfected a pincer grip
- Works well as a teether. Bumps on the opposite end of the spoon are designed to soothe sore gums.
- Safer than plastic / blended material alternatives. The pre-spoon is one continuous piece of molded silicone. Compared to alternatives made with plastic pieces, there is a much lower risk that a part of the spoon could break off and pose a choking hazard.
- Ideal for self-feeding or baby led weaning
- Easy to clean and dishwasher safe
- BPA free
- Food grade silicone
Baby training spoons are appropriate for use once your baby is ready to start solids, typically at 4 to 6 months of age. However, every baby develops on his or her own timeline. Always follow your paediatrician’s guidance regarding the appropriate age and method for starting solids. Once your child is about one year to 18 months old and has greater wrist control, we recommend moving on to Stage 2: Toddler Spoons.